Pancing.Net
October 23, 2014, 11:46:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trip Ke Ulu Baram,Sarawak.  (Read 1421 times)
themikebayat
Tenggiri

Do or do not. There is no try.

Email
« on: January 15, 2013, 10:24:01 PM »

This is for Serious Angler Only who looking for The Ultimate prize in Upriver Fishing.

Background:
Following the October issue of Sirip Magazine, it has been talks among anglers that there are
still places left where we can actually fish for Kelah (Malaysian Mahseer) by casting! It is sad
to know that here in Peninsular Malaysia this fish is considered immune to lures resulting our
anglers spending huge sum of money to fish it abroad. Much to my concern, back in Sarawak,
 there are lots of undiscovered great fishing spot which recently I came to know it myself.

The Spot:
Located deep inland of the Borneo, Long Silat is an 8 hours drive via logging route away from Miri.
 It is one of many rivers that feed the mighty Batang Baram. Based on coordinates taken on my first trip
there, it is close to the Sarawak-Kalimantan border .

How to Get There and Cost:
Direct flight to Miri is available from KLIA. From Miri, I will arrange the transport to Long Silat. The cost is as below;
i.   Air Tickets                    =   Subjected to airlines and date.
ii.   4x4 vehicle (4-5 passengers)      =   RM1500/vehicle  (Miri-Long Silat-Miri)   
iii.   Accommodation                  =   RM 80/day  (homestay+meals)
iv.   Fishing Boat + Boatman              =   RM150+RM50/day (including the fuel)

For a 4 pax trip,we will need:
-   4x4 vehicles                 =   RM1500
-   (2x boats + boatmen) x 2days   =   RM800
-   Homestay                         =   RM320         

=> 1 Person approx: RM655 (Not Including the Return Air Tickets)

I am looking for 4 person only for this Maiden trip.I can assure you this is a trip of a lifetime
that ressemble the "Atuk Ong" and "Petualang Sg.Rejang" that was published in the Sirip Magazine.
Please feel free to contact me for further discussion or enquiries..0135605540-Mike

Zero Wan Tri Faif Sik Zero DabelFaif For Zero
Pancing.Net
« on: January 15, 2013, 10:24:01 PM »

khairible
Tenggiri

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 10:33:07 PM »

temBUMP..
untung benor tinggal di borneo..
byk khazanah semulajadi... Roll Eyes Cheesy
-DMN-
Tenggiri

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 10:53:45 PM »

themikebayat,

Good to see that finally someone came out with this idea of having a fishing trip at upper river Baram. It will not be easy to coordinate the trip, supplies & not to mention unpredictable weather.

Looking at the location of this Long Silat, your expedition may need to spend at least a week stay at upper river Baram.

I will look forward for your updates on this trip. Surely I'm interested to go but I sadly I can't commit. I can forward this to my colleagues & see how it goes.

Thanks
Martin

partimer
Marlin

H/P: 012 342 0090

hamdanw
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 11:15:30 PM »

Hi Mike,

When do you plan to have this trip? I am keen to join but it all will depend on the date chosen. Do provide more updates if you really want to pursue this. We can also talk offline if you like.

Cheers  Smiley Smiley

A fisherman is a jerk on one end of the line, ...waiting for a jerk on the other.

HP: 012-342 0090
themikebayat
Tenggiri

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 12:11:16 AM »

temBUMP..
untung benor tinggal di borneo..
byk khazanah semulajadi... Roll Eyes Cheesy
Tq for the BUMP..

themikebayat
Tenggiri

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 12:16:40 AM »

themikebayat,

Good to see that finally someone came out with this idea of having a fishing trip at upper river Baram. It will not be easy to coordinate the trip, supplies & not to mention unpredictable weather.

Looking at the location of this Long Silat, your expedition may need to spend at least a week stay at upper river Baram.

I will look forward for your updates on this trip. Surely I'm interested to go but I sadly I can't commit. I can forward this to my colleagues & see how it goes.

Thanks
Martin

It took me almost a year to survey all the possibility of this trip..finally i can finalize it all and came out with a package . I admit it that its not simple at all , considering the remoteness of the place,the norms of the local and to meet anglers expectation. But after all the trouble it takes, simple as it seem its just RM655 per person.Where can we get that kind of price to fight a Kelah using lures?  Grin Grin Grin

themikebayat
Tenggiri

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 12:23:45 AM »

Hi Mike,

When do you plan to have this trip? I am keen to join but it all will depend on the date chosen. Do provide more updates if you really want to pursue this. We can also talk offline if you like.

Cheers  Smiley Smiley

Actually, I'm doubtful with the respond to this kind of trip. Its never been done before.But, based on the good and positive respond, we can actually go there as soon as March. The exact date better be discuss later.Well,its just a team of four.. Tongue Tongue If you're in that mean we need 2 more guys. Grin Grin Grin I'm OKAY with whatever date chosen. I can arrange it..  Grin Grin

xpuyupuyu
Tenggiri

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 11:30:36 AM »

mike kasik date satu kali, nak tengok schedule! flight dari kuantan ke serawak? plus setup macammana kat sana ye?...
ellie2705
Pelata

016-3744547

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 11:46:35 AM »

Sekarang ni AirAsia tengah ada promo.
KL / MYY / KL lebih kurang RM250 - RM350  Shocked

Jom Pancing. Kalau ada komplot, kasi roger la 016-3744547
themikebayat
Tenggiri

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 12:26:48 PM »

Here's the suggested trip schedule but it's subjected to change due to weather river condition.We have too much river system to explore where here its just Belukun and Long Silat only.So better apply at least 4 days of leave.. Grin Grin Grin

1st Day:
Approx   1100   :   All members are expected to arrive @ Miri Airport. (Earlier the better)
   1200   :   @ Beluru Town shopping for essential necessity.
   1300   :   Depart to Long Silat
   2000   :   Arrived @ Long Silat
-Long Silat is a Kenyah Ethnic village made of Several Long Houses. The team will stay @ my Father in law’s house. Only can be reached by land via logging roads, this settlement is lack of high tech facilities but basic necessity such as electrics and water supply were there. All we need is reasonable amount of food supplies and fuel for the generator.
2nd Day:
   0700   :   Depart to Belukun.
-Belukun is one of rivers that feed the Ulu Batang Baram in the inland of Miri Dictrist. It’s the livestock area of the people of Long Silat, Long Jeeh and Long Selawan. The people of these 3 villages only harvest the “gift of Belukun” only once annually for their celebration days which is Christmas.
-The river is safeguarded from any outside fishing activity since it’s the main stock fish area for the community.
   1200   :   Reach the upriver, lunch and start drifting back; Fishing (casting).
   1800   :   Back @ Long Silat.
   2000   :   Hunting/bottom fishing for “teneken” (catfish).
   0100   :   Back@ Long Silat.
3rd Day:
   0600   :   Depart to Ulu Silat.
-Long Silat is the river where the settlement located. It’s a huge river with lots of white water rapids potential of housing big “jembala” (Malaysian Mahseer) .The River also occupied by several ethnics upstream including the Penans. So it’s going to be a longer ride to the upstream pass the settlements for better fishing ground.
   1300   :   Reach the upriver, lunch and start drifting back; Fishing (casting).
   1900   :   Arrived @ Long Silat.

4th Day:
   0800   :   Departed to Miri.
   1600   :   Reach Miri. Mission completed.

themikebayat
Tenggiri

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 12:30:46 PM »

mike kasik date satu kali, nak tengok schedule! flight dari kuantan ke serawak? plus setup macammana kat sana ye?...
Date tak boleh nak set terus..saya lebih prefer berbincang tentang date supaya kita boleh dapat tiket lebih murah ke Miri.Cuti pun boleh diselaraskan.
Set memadai la joran 8-12lbs,main line 20-30lbs,leader 30lbs.Gewang2 replika ikan dan sesudu..set biasa pancingan sungai pergunungan. Wink Wink

themikebayat
Tenggiri

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 12:32:52 PM »

Sekarang ni AirAsia tengah ada promo.
KL / MYY / KL lebih kurang RM250 - RM350  Shocked

Shocked Shocked Shocked This kind of offer la yang kita cari-cari..  Grin Grin Grin

Teja
Ahli Wanita
Marlin

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 12:51:04 PM »

trip yg menarik..

Some Stories Are Better Left Unsaid..
-DMN-
Tenggiri

Email
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 10:03:24 AM »

Here's the suggested trip schedule but it's subjected to change due to weather river condition.We have too much river system to explore where here its just Belukun and Long Silat only.So better apply at least 4 days of leave.. Grin Grin Grin

1st Day:
Approx   1100   :   All members are expected to arrive @ Miri Airport. (Earlier the better)
   1200   :   @ Beluru Town shopping for essential necessity.
   1300   :   Depart to Long Silat
   2000   :   Arrived @ Long Silat
-Long Silat is a Kenyah Ethnic village made of Several Long Houses. The team will stay @ my Father in law’s house. Only can be reached by land via logging roads, this settlement is lack of high tech facilities but basic necessity such as electrics and water supply were there. All we need is reasonable amount of food supplies and fuel for the generator.
2nd Day:
   0700   :   Depart to Belukun.
-Belukun is one of rivers that feed the Ulu Batang Baram in the inland of Miri Dictrist. It’s the livestock area of the people of Long Silat, Long Jeeh and Long Selawan. The people of these 3 villages only harvest the “gift of Belukun” only once annually for their celebration days which is Christmas.
-The river is safeguarded from any outside fishing activity since it’s the main stock fish area for the community.
   1200   :   Reach the upriver, lunch and start drifting back; Fishing (casting).
   1800   :   Back @ Long Silat.
   2000   :   Hunting/bottom fishing for “teneken” (catfish).
   0100   :   Back@ Long Silat.
3rd Day:
   0600   :   Depart to Ulu Silat.
-Long Silat is the river where the settlement located. It’s a huge river with lots of white water rapids potential of housing big “jembala” (Malaysian Mahseer) .The River also occupied by several ethnics upstream including the Penans. So it’s going to be a longer ride to the upstream pass the settlements for better fishing ground.
   1300   :   Reach the upriver, lunch and start drifting back; Fishing (casting).
   1900   :   Arrived @ Long Silat.

4th Day:
   0800   :   Departed to Miri.
   1600   :   Reach Miri. Mission completed.

Mike,

That place sounds familiar. I don't want to reveal too much details, I might be wrong but if I'm right you leading the expedition group to heaven of these mahseer.

Let me give it some thought & let you know.

kechek bilis
Tenggiri

"moh ngail sampai lebam" ..

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 01:00:08 PM »

woww.. trip yg menarik ni.. makin hebat Tuan Mike ni...  Grin

nang kono nang kene nangkap iwak,
iwak ee gedi2,
Smiley
sudi ajak saya mancing, roger no ni.. 013-9101642
themikebayat
Tenggiri

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 02:51:49 PM »

woww.. trip yg menarik ni.. makin hebat Tuan Mike ni...  Grin
Grin Grin Grin biasalah tuan..demi Hobi yang tercinta... Cheesy Grin Grin

kechek bilis
Tenggiri

"moh ngail sampai lebam" ..

Email
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 11:03:30 AM »

ok2.. semoga berjaya demi yg tercinta..  Grin

nang kono nang kene nangkap iwak,
iwak ee gedi2,
Smiley
sudi ajak saya mancing, roger no ni.. 013-9101642
ptit
Tenggiri

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 09:19:39 PM »

Is it nearby Mulu?

-DMN-
Tenggiri

Email
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 09:41:18 PM »

Nope. It's somewhere nearby Sarawak - Kalimantan border

themikebayat
Tenggiri

Email
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 12:26:33 AM »

So far,noone confirm yet..so its kindda hard for me to pick  a date..for all the viewer of this topic out there,we can actually go there anytime now coz the "tekong" just informed me the river is in perfect condition expected to last till november this year. Grin Grin Grin

srilumut
Tenggiri

Time to wake up.. move on anglers!!

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 01:09:19 AM »

Bump!! i like ....
Similar to Berau of Kalimantan Timur ..?
Have to plan properly. Quite tight already this year with trips... 2014 perhaps !!

It's not just about fish, it's about the art, the science, the fun, the brotherhood, as well as the journey of it .........LOL!!

http://srilumut.blogspot.com/
themikebayat
Tenggiri

Email
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2013, 11:23:37 AM »

Bump!! i like ....
Similar to Berau of Kalimantan Timur ..?
Have to plan properly. Quite tight already this year with trips... 2014 perhaps !!
Yup..similar with that Berau experience..in fact its not far between coz this trip is almost at the Indonesian border.. Grin Grin Grin

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: